A 3rd birthday











I thought last year was tricky business with your asking when your party would come. This year, you've been asking for months and, each time I would tell you that the time will come, you would begin to go through a list of what you wanted at your party (red cake, balloons, bananas, and blue presents) and who you wanted there. You were my little helper in all things preparation.

You still grab as many sweets as you can fit in your hands and lick all the frosting off the cake, tossing the rest aside (quite literally).

You're somehow more determined than ever. Despite begging for me to make you another "birthday hat," choosing the color blue, and helping me pick out the flowers, you refused to wear it without a scowl on your face and something like a growl from your throat. We couldn't even bribe you with more cupcakes.

You love so huge and you are still running around telling everyone that "it's Christmas time. It's my birthday." I attempt to explain patience and a year and then you say, "Okay. Now four." If you had it your way, we'd be having a party every day.

Happy birthday, baby. Three's a good year for you, I am sure of it.

(How time flies! Remember last year?)

_________________________________________________________

Animal masks printed from HER Magazine // "Happy Birthday" banner printed from Soho Sonnet // Roll of white drawing paper can be found at most arts and crafts stores. I found it at Michael's––this was a big hit with kids of all ages!  // Floral party hat originally inspired by Hunter Interior. I have made Elspeth one each year. Hot glue works perfect for this!

12 comments :

  1. I've been following your blog since her birth and I can't believe your little girl is 3! Happy Birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so behind in replying over here! You are so sweet. Thank you for telling me that.
      All my love!

      Delete
  2. ahh 3 years old already! time flies! what an adorable party you planned for her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been around on here enough to reply to comments! Goodness me! Thanks for saying hello! I cannot believe how the time flies.
      <3

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so very much. Her face, her dress, her mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, angel! I took so long to get on here and get to comments! Thank you, darling!
      All my love!

      Delete
  5. Just read your piece on What to Expect, and I had to come here and tell you that I also loved "Her Fearful Symmetry," and I love that you named your daughter after that character! And what a lovely surprise: she looks like a young version of how I imagined the twins in the book. Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and telling me, Katie! You are so sweet.
      I adored the book and look forward to a free moment to perhaps read it again someday! I'm glad you liked it, too. That's really cute how you pictured her! What a precious though.
      All my love!

      Delete
  6. May you create a memory today that find out morebecomes your happy place in all the many years yet to come. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cute 3rd birthday party! Looks like you all had a great in the party. Our daughter also turned 5 last month and hosted her party at one of her favorite kids’ party venues in Boston. Really, it was an amazing experience for us.

    ReplyDelete