Post Christmas











It's been a beautiful flurry of holidays, late nights, family and friends, cooking and baking and eating too much...

The house is a post-Christmas/New Year's mess and we are enjoying our lazy, less busy, end of the winter break-break: new toys covering the already messy floor, jeans with warn knee holes, pj's all day, block towers ten-feet-tall, dust on every surface, not worrying that my kitchen cabinets and drawers keep getting emptied and I find random cooking utensils hidden in random corners (ehem, Elspeth).

Messy fingers, messy faces, coffee for the eleven-year-old.
I've got all kinds of thoughts for the new year and I am forging ahead with plans to work hard and relax hard. Life is a whirl of so many things that come together and make home. Fill it by making everything beautiful around you: your home, your thoughts, your words. It is all at the tip of your fingers.

Happy holidays, happy year, friends.

4 comments :

  1. I just love what you've captured here! So much sweetness (though I accidentally wrote sweetmess which I think is also fitting!)! My boys are, and always have been, obsessed with cooking utensils too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha So funny! I find myself always asking, "Where is my colander?" "Where is my sifter?" Hehe
      <3

      Delete
  2. love these photos and the boy drinking coffee! ... such a young man! glad you all had a happy holiday! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mama! My mom used to give me a tiny teacup filled with an inch or so of coffee and it's a real memory for me! He doesn't drink soda (maybe a special occasion) and loves coffee, so we give him some on occasion. That homemade whipped cream to top it off called for it! Hehe

      Delete