Advent






Welcome, welcome, December. I love this time of year so much. It always stirs in me the desire to get making. Busy, busy hands.

I've spent the last month picking up little ornaments, trinkets, candies, and toys for a grand collection to hang from a pine tree branch for our advent calendar. It was all a big surprise. Everyn is beside himself and Elspeth pointed at it, opened her morning gift of a little, stuffed mouse, and promptly threw it with real, holiday-style attitude . . .

Happy, happy December. This month brings a whole load of happy things!

8 comments :

  1. BEAUTIFUL! i love this idea and the elegance of it's simplicity. even though i haven't collected any trinkets, i think i could still whip this up so we can enjoy a little something each day this month. thanks for the inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you do it?! You definitely could. And, you could add bags as you go along. Yay!

      Delete
  2. Your calendar is beyond perfect. I can't wait for Maddox to be a little older and to start this tradition. I've seen a lot on PINTEREST lately but let me tell you, this is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE beyond perfect! Thank you so much. I had a vision and went with it! <3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yay! Where are you on Pinterest?
      And, yes, Lego has different holiday ones each year. I saw a snowman at Target recently. That one was an extra for Elspeth from someone last year when she was too little. :)

      Delete
  4. Amanda! I know I'm never over here, but I did want to stop by to say Happy Birthday! I should find more time to come here. I miss hearing about you and your family and seeing your photos! Whenever I think of you, I think of "simple beauty". :)

    ReplyDelete